Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Review: The Who's Half-Time Show

So am I the only one that thought The Who's half-time performance last night was really good? A lot of reviews I'm reading/hearing are extremely anti. However, it seems to be a generational thing. Older fans are making comments like "they're fossils" or "when I was a kid, The Who were actually sweet live" and "last night was just sad"...blah blah, shit like that. Well, I've had the chance to see The Who live at the Virgin Music Festival in Baltimore back in 2006, and it was phenomenal! Last night's performance reminded me of that experience, so maybe I was biased. Either way, I would like to think or at least hope that kids my age respected last night's performance; the way it sounded (tight) and the way it looked (enough f-ing lazers?!). I don't know. I was drunk, full, and stoked the Saints were only down 4 points at the half. Plus I absolutely love The Who. So even if the world disagrees, I still gave last night's show two very enthusiastic thumbs up!

::Setlist::
Pinball Wizard
Baba O'Riley
Who Are You
We're Not Gonna Take It!
Won't Get Fooled Again




I think this is what everyone was hoping to see last night --- Skip to 1:50.

No comments:

Post a Comment