Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New MGMT out Today...sparking mixed reviews?! que?


So I'm pretty stoked for "Congratulations", but I'm reading a lot of negative listener reviews out there basically shitting on it. They seem to all be pissed that its not Oracular Spectacular part 2. No, there's no "Kids", no "Time To Pretend", and definitely no "Electric Feel", but get over it! Artists (especially MGMT and the like) are allowed to progress and develop new sounds and arrangements. Its what makes music so interesting! I am a huge fan of this album. It gets better and better with each listen. I have never seen MGMT live, but I am more inclined to do so now more than ever. They're a trippy, talented pair and I 'congratulate' them. Wow...that was clever haha.

Oh, just caught Pitchfork's review of Congratulations..6.8?! Really? bahh. Maybe I don't see/hear it.  But I dig this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment