Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Hear This - 12.07.09 - Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin


Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - "Glue Girls"


 From the album "Pershing" - 2008

I heard this album this summer (2009) and immediately filed it under "Summer CD."  It's got a happy, indie pop vibe to it, despite some of its more morose sounding lyrics; see "I Think I Wanna Die".  Somehow these guys manage to provide the right amount of distortion to make it rock while still hanging onto that mellow indie sound that makes them so unique.  I also dig what they did on their first album, Broom.  I chose "Glue Girls" to share on Tweed because I played this track pretty much every day this summer and found its happy, care free, pop-rock tempo to be quite infectious.  If you like this song I recommend "Boring Fountain" & "Modern Mystery" off of Pershing, and "Oregon Girl" found on Broom.

No comments:

Post a Comment