Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Hear This - 12.12.09 - Wolfmother


Wolfmother - "Sundial"


From the album "Cosmic Egg" - 2009

Wolfmother's critically acclaimed self titled debut (2005) was one of the greatest rock albums I've heard in a long time.  After hearing that due to "irreconcilable personal and musical differences," only the singer/guitarist, Andrew Stockdale, remained in the band, I honestly did not know what to think when Cosmic Egg was released in October 2009.  Well, despite the band's reorganization, I was truly blown away once again with Wolfmother's ability to successfully blend generes of hard rock, metal, and superior song writing into one powerful album.  Yet another "listen all the way through" worthy release from these Australian native rockers.  "Sundial" (track above) is my one of my favorites off Cosmic Egg and I feel it is a good introduction for new listeners into the raw, energetic, rock power this band possesses.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment