Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"Aw' c'mon" Show Review - The Soft Pack @ Great Scott. Allston, MA


I went to see The Soft Pack last night at Great Scott in Allston.  I've been digging thier self titled album a lot and at $10 a ticket, I'd be an asshole not to go. The opening bands were Beaters & NODZZZ.  I missed almost all of the Beaters' set but caught all of NODZZZ...unfortunately, could have done without.  I really don't like to hate on bands, but this one was not one of my favorites.  I wont harp on them any longer, just not a fan.  Anyway, the Soft Pack came out and played a great set.  I was blown away by their talent.  It always gets me when I see dudes younger than me ripping it up on stage, touring and living the dream.  Not to mention releasing one hell of a great album (Self Titled - Feb 2010).  Hailing from sunny San Diego, it only makes sense their record solicits summer suns and warm surf tones.  Really energetic, punk influenced, garage rock is what I like and is what the Soft Pack are all about.  I 100% recommend checking them out if they make their way to your neck of the woods this year.

31-Mar MAXWELL’S w/ NODZZZ, BEATERS  Hoboken, New Jersey
1-Apr THE MERCURY LOUNGE w/ NODZZZ, BEATERS  Manhattan, New York
3-Apr MUSIC HALL OF WILLIAMSBURG w/ MALE BONDING, NODZZZ, BEATERS  Brooklyn, New York
6-Apr LA TULIPE w/ MALE BONDING, BEATERS  Montreal
7-Apr EL MOCAMBO CLUB w/ MALE BONDING, BEATERS  Toronto
8-Apr MAGIC STICK w/ MALE BONDING, BEATERS  Detroit, Michigan
9-Apr THE EMPTY BOTTLE w/ MALE BONDING, BEATERS  Chicago, Illinois
10-Apr TURF CLUB w/ MALE BONDING, BEATERS  St. Paul, Minnesota
13-Apr CHOP SUEY w/ MALE BONDING  Seattle, Washington
14-Apr DOUG FIR LOUNGE w/ MALE BONDING  Portland, Oregon
15-Apr BOTTOM OF THE HILL w/ MALE BONDING  San Francisco, California
18-Apr COACHELLA  Indio, California


This song is awesome. "C'Mon"

Live on Letterman. Oh, check out the drummer.  He's practically standing upright when he plays. Kinda intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment