Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

New Video: Titus Andronicus - "A More Perfect Union"


Titus Andronicus | MySpace Music Videos

Okay, I've been meaning to write about this album ever since I first laid ears on it, and with this video release for "A More Perfect Union", I felt it was a sign that today should be that day.  The Monitor came out earlier this month and I was immediately blown away. Titus Andronicus created an intricately raw and layered rock album guaranteed to be in the running for 'album of the year'. They have an amazing ability to fuse lo-fi punk and alt rock to produce a rough yet fantastically powerful indie rock sound that I cannot get enough of. Seriously, I listen to this album in full at least 3 times a week. Oh, and I just found out they recorded The Monitor in a barn in New Paltz, NY.  If you've been to NP then you understand why that's cool.

If your a fan of the rough, punk inspired, rock that bands like Japandroids, No Age, or the Soft Pack create, then be sure to check out Titus Andronicus!


The video is sweet but unfortunately, the song is cut down from the full 7:10 to a weak 3:34. You need to hear the track in its entirety to really appreciate what they've done here. Track one below.

No comments:

Post a Comment