Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Me and My Weakness for Pop Punk


Despite the fact that my taste in music has grown increasingly more eclectic and mature since my naive and somewhat mutinous youth, the pop-punk/emo/melodic-hardcore blood still pumps through my veins...and always will. That said, I recently came across an album taking an authentic stab contemptoary pop punk; This Time Next Year's "Road Maps & Heart Attacks".  There's so much whiny bullshit out there, and when a band like this comes along and does pop-punk right, I get pumped.  Much like the recent release from Four Year Strong, Road Maps & Heart Attacks will certainly be in my rotation on those few sunny summer days we have in the north east.  

2 comments:

  1. Check out TTNY's "A Place For You" EP - It is awsome as well - a little more raw than Road Maps and Heart Attacks

    ReplyDelete